Hello Arrowmen! We are super excited to see you this coming Conclave. After you have registered, you will need to schedule your trainings. The training schedule and available trainings can be found below on the Training Overview. In order to schedule trainings, go to https://registration.oa-bsa.org/ and follow the steps below. There are three training periods, so be sure to add a training or interest group for each. You can use the Training Overview below to determine what trainings and interest groups are available, when they are offered, and if they have a maximum capacity or an additional cost.
How to Register for Trainings & Interest Groups
- Go to https://registration.oa-bsa.org/. If you have not already registered and paid for Conclave, make sure to do that first.
- Click “Login” which can be found in the top right corner of the web page.
- Enter the email and password that you used to register for Conclave.
- Look for the “My Events” section (should be at the top of the page) and select “Section G17S Conclave”.
- Under “My Attendees For This Event”, select the person you would like to schedule trainings for.
- This should bring you to a page with the personal information of the attendee. Look to the left sidebar menu and select “Schedule”.
- Click “Add Activity” in the upper right hand corner.
- Under Program Area, select “Training”.
- Select your trainings as you wish!
Path: NOAERS Website > Login > My Events > Section G17S Conclave > My Attendees For This Event > *Select Name* > Schedule > Add Activity > Program Area > Activity > Save Selection
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ):
Q: What is the difference between a training and an interest group?
A: Training is intended to be structured — training should teach certain topics and accomplish specific objectives. Interest groups, however, are more relaxed and are intended for Arrowmen to have fun and explore a particular activity at their own pace.
Q: Can I sign up for multiple trainings or interest groups in one period/session?
A: We ask that you only sign up for and attend one training per session. Interest groups are intended to be less structured, and if you would like to explore multiple, you are free to do so. However, we really strongly suggest signing up for one interest group per session – you only have 1 hour!
Q: Why do some activities have a maximum capacity?
A: This is both for safety reasons and to make sure that we can deliver a quality program to all participants. Signup is first come, first served. Please see the Training Overview for which activities this applies to.
Q: Why do some activities have a cost? How much will this cost be?
A: Some activities require additional materials. Participants will need to purchase tickets from the Trading Post at Conclave and bring them to these activities. We are currently still trying to finalize activity costs, but we will update as soon as possible. Please see the Training Overview for which activities this applies to.
Q: I am a youth who wants to take an adult training/I am an adult who wants to take a youth training. Is this allowed?
We have these guidelines in place because certain activities are geared towards certain groups. However, if you would really like to participate in an activity that isn’t marked for your group, email Laura Sun and Clint Takeshita (email addresses below) with the activity you’d like to participate in.
Q: I have concerns, financial difficulties, or questions about the information presented here. Who do I contact?
A: Please email Laura Sun at firstname.lastname@example.org and her adviser Clint Takeshita at email@example.com.